Before creating podcasts, you need to choose a podcast host. Let’s check this Captivate review to find out more about this company.
What is Captivate
Captivate is a podcast hosting company that allows you to host multiple shows in one account. Every episode is automatically transcribed so you don’t need to spend any time on podcast transcription. This was created by the team that has been running podcast websites for years.
You can tell they carefully considered everything on the board:
The analytics are advanced, but easy to understand
The podcast player and homepage are amazing.
There are built-in CTA’s (calls to action) to help direct people where you want them to go
Add as many team members as you need (no limits)
Private podcasts on all plans
- Captivate dashboard in multiple screen sizes.
- Captivate Dashboard works on any device
- There’s a bunch of other useful stuff like batch uploading, smart UI features like default scheduling time, WordPress integration with your custom plugin, and more.
One of the coolest things they just added is a great looking, easy to generate PDF podcast sponsorship kit that allows you to highlight recent episodes and displays key download numbers:
- Captivate sample sponsorship kit
- Captivate Sponsorship Kit
- Of course, you get a great looking mobile website that automatically uses your colors – or you can choose your own:
Captivate multi-device website example.
Includes a mobile podcast website
One thing I didn’t like regarding the new podcast workflow was that it recently changed, which shows that they are getting feedback and making updates quickly. I love that!
You can host unlimited podcasts starting at $19/month for 12K downloads – more than enough for 97% of podcasters.
They also don’t limit the core features by the plan you’re on, which is something you can’t say about others.