Email marketing is not some trend nowadays, it is a need of every online business, from small start-ups to huge companies. The hardest thing is to find the best email marketing service that will be reliable, easy to use and cost-effective. Everyone knows Mailchimp but there are many good alternatives out there. For this purpose, we have gathered and tested many platforms to come up with those 7 email marketing services.
What are the Best Mailchimp Alternatives?
Mailchimp Alternative #1: HubSpot
Its wide automation and integration features
This company is not one that specializes exclusively in email marketing, it offers a bunch of marketing and sales services. Moreover, it is well-known as a CRM.
When it comes to email marketing, they offer a great variety of options. When starting creating your email, you can choose the needed template (for example an email for a product or service promotion or for a newsletter) or start from scratch, use different layouts and add different elements (you can even add video content into your message).
Before sending an email, you can preview how it would look like on a desktop or mobile. Additionally, you can preview your message on different email providers like Gmail, Microsoft Outlook, Office 365, Gmail App and others.
Moreover, you can personalize your email based on location or a segment. Moreover, HubSpot allows A/B testing of a subject line or body of your message.
There is a free plan which includes basic features and two paid packages.
- Free (up to 1000 contacts)
- Starter ($45 per month): includes creating of landing pages, segmentation, live chat, and reporting
- Professional ($800 per month): includes all from Starter + marketing automation, personalization of content, A/B testing, advanced reporting.
- All-in-one tool
- User-friendly interface
- It can be hard to navigate through the dashboard
- Free functionality is limited
Marketers, agencies and salespeople, startups, small businesses.
Mailchimp Alternative #2: MooSend
Personalization and automation
This is an advanced software for email sending and, mainly, for email automation. Particularly, MooSend a drag-and-drop builder where you can add your text blocks, images, and other elements to personalize your email, and also you can use their custom opt-in forms. The company has a huge library of pre-made templates. Moreover, you can use this platform to create an email list.
Moosend allows users to create personalized emails. It is done not only by adding a customer name – the platform can even track weather conditions in his/her location to create the most relevant visual and text part.
This all is easily integrated into an automation workflow.
One of the main features of this tool is its automation functionality, and this option is available even in a free plan. The company offers pre-made templates (“recipes”,) each of which includes the following workflow: a trigger -> control step -> an action. This can be, for example, a case when a customer abandons a cart so you can send a reminder about his unfinished purchase.
This feature allows creating separate lists of users based on different metrics which usually are based on how a customer reacts to emails. Later, you can use those lists as separate targeted audiences. Moreover, those lists are easy to maintain as subscribers count only once when added to multiple lists.
Moosend features reporting in real-time where you can see the main email marketing metrics.
Additionally, the tool can be easily integrated with different CRMs for convenient automation and tracking of marketing efforts and sales.
Moosend has a countdown emails option when you add elements of urgency to your messages to encourage your customers to make prompt actions after they read your email.
Its pricing is based on the number of subscribers
- Free (1,000 subscribers): Unlimited emails, sign-up & subscription forms, reports & analytics.
- $8 per month (1000 – 2500 subscribers): Free features and Landing pages, transactional emails, SMTP server, and even phone support. The price changes , when you have a bigger subscribers list (e.g. 3 500 subscribers = $24 per month / 5 500 = $32/month) and so on.
Custom plan: allows choosing only needed features and pay for them.
- Automation tool
- Variety of useful pre-made templates
- Feature-rich free version available
- Sign-up forms could be better
- Loading time can be slow
Good for: small businesses, eCommerce, travel companies, marketing agencies
Moosend is good for both small start-ups and big businesses, marketing agencies, e-commerce companies and individuals managing their online business.
Mailchimp Alternative #3: SendinBlue
Great automation features at a low price
This company is not exclusively an email marketing provider, it also offers CRM, tools for marketing automation, creating sign-up forms, landing pages, Facebook ads and some others.
As for its email marketing features, Sendinblue has a drag-and-drop editor, options to personalize your emails, segmentation, A/B testing, and automation. This is a good option to do a decent email marketing campaign on a budget.
This option is free if you have up to 2000 contacts. Automation is useful to manage repeated tasks as well as manage contact lists based on their behavior automatically or for tasks when you need to create and test user journey flow. For this aim, Sendinblue offers pre-made workflows for creating a user journey or connecting your channels, A/B testing and other options.
Sendinblue has an opportunity to build customer segments based on their location or social characteristics, based on engagement or purchase history as well as on their declared interests.
To empower marketing efforts, Sendinblue allows creating ads. It can be Facebook ads, when you use this platform to launch a campaign with your created contact list. You can also create a retargeting campaign to show ads to users who have once visited your website.
Sendinblue also offers advanced features like web tracking or lead scoring. Moreover, it includes triggering campaign actions based on a range of factors like website visitor behavior, sends transactional messages, assigns a lead score, and much more.
Additionally, the company has designed their WordPress plugin.
While Sendinblue competitors have pricing plans based on the number of subscribers, this company has a fee based on the number of emails sent per day.
The company has a great free plan which offers many options and also paid plans with each getting more expensive when sending more messages per day.
- Free plan: up to 300 emails can be sent per day, unlimited subscribers list, email template library, SMS marketing and chat.
- Lite ($25/month for under 100 000 emails): unlimited daily sending, A/B testing and advanced statistics included
- Premium ($65/month for above 20 000 emails): the same as Lite + landing page builder, Facebook and retargeting ads creation and automation.
- Easily connecting email marketing to other marketing channels
- May options included in the free plan
- Great automation features
- Integration options are limited compared to similar tools
Small companies, start-up, freelance marketing specialists
Mailchimp Alternative #4: MailerLite
User-friendly interface and excellent support
MailerLite is a European company which offers a great email-marketing tool for beginners and experienced users. It has a very intuitive and easy to use interface for creating a campaign and tracking its results.
You can easily create an email with their drag-and-drop editor which allows you to add various blocks and media. You start creating your email by having a sample template which helps you to understand how to structure your own email.
You can test two options so to find out which one works best. You can test a subject line, message body or signature.
This is a feature available in paid plans only. It allows creating dynamic lists of subscribers based on their attributes and behavior.
MailerLite allows for creating automation workflows. You start with setting up a trigger (e.g. when a subscriber completes a form when there’s an anniversary etc.). Then, you build a needed flow by creating emails, condition, or action.
Not only emails
With MailerLite you can also create different pop-ups and sign-up forms, landing pages, and even websites. For each option, you can choose a pre-made template from its library.
The cost depends on the number of subscribers. There’s a free plan with many features included and paid plans. The cheapest one costs $10 / month and it scales up with the size of the subscribers list (2 500 subscribers = $15/month. 10 000 subscribers = $50 / month etc.).
- Free Plan (under 1000 subscribers): drag & drop editor, mobile-friendly email newsletters, landing pages and different forms, email automation, A/B testing, 24/7 email support.
- $10 per month (1000 – 2 500 subscribers): all the features of the free version + custom HTML editor, auto resend and other options.
- MailerPro, $100 per month: MailerLite’s team helps with the creation of emails or landing pages and managing them.
- Easy to use, intuitive design
- Free plan includes many options
- Good deliverability
- Excellent support
- Automation does not allow advanced setting
Good for: small businesses, individuals, bloggers.
Mailchimp Alternative #5: Convertkit
Its segmentation and features for bloggers
As Convertkit states, their tool is for creators and influencers. The platform allows sending personalized content by creating emails with Convertkit’s ready templates. It also has functions for creating web pages or selling pages with products and prices.
When using this email sending tool, you can send email broadcasts or automated emails.
As for the first option, you need to choose who you want to contact by using filters, create the content itself and send it immediately or schedule it for later.
To create automated emails, you need to build the needed sequence, create content for emails in that sequence and your messages will be sent automatically. You can build those paths by connecting events (like making a purchase, having a special date, adding or removing tags), actions (like delay, email sequence, adding or removing tags), or conditions (based on a tag or a custom field).
Convertkit also offers advanced segmentation which can be built based on custom form fields, location, tags (this is a dropdown list within your signup forms where subscribers can tell you more about themselves), and other options.
The plans are mainly based on the number of subscribers. There are free and paid plans.
- Free (up to 1000 subscribers): Unlimited landing pages & forms, sending email broadcasts, selling digital products & subscriptions
- Creator (from $29 per month for over 1000 subscribers): free-plan options + automated funnels & sequences and ability of free migration from another tool.
- Creator Pro (from $59 per month for over 1000 subscribers): all the features of the free and Creator plans + Facebook custom audiences, newsletter referral system, subscriber scoring, and advanced reporting.
*The price for paid plans rises with the rise of the subscription list size.
- Segmentation and its tags-based features
- Integration opportunities are not so diverse
Convertkit good for:
Individuals who sell something online, bloggers and influencers.
Mailchimp Alternative #6: Omnisend
Omnisend is probably the best option for e-commerce businesses who need to add email marketing to boost their sales or brand awareness.
Omnisend can be easily integrated with the most popular e-commerce platforms like Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, among others.
Omnisend allows you to notify your customers via emails, SMS or web push notifications.
So, you can use this platform to send users messages based on what products they’ve interacted with on your site. You can also create different triggers, flows and events while Omnisend is using website browsing behavior and user’s preferences.
Omnisend offers pre-built templates for the most common e-commerce messages which include welcome emails, messages to notify about discounts or abandoned cart, order or shipping confirmation, as well as cross-sell messages to trigger new sales.
Personalization and segmentation
Omnisend has a great personalization offer. The platform features the option of segmenting customers by using different filters. It also allows to show particular content blocks to particular customer segments and send messages with personal recommendations for users based on their shopping activity.
All the packages allow sending up to 15,000 emails per month while they differ in the functionality offered.
- Free (email campaigns, signup forms and pop-ups, reporting)
- Standart ($16 per month): everything from Free + audience segmentation and SMS campaigns)
- Pro ($99 per month): everything from Standart + web push notifications, Facebook audiences, Google match and advanced reporting)
- Pre-built templates for creating emails
- Advanced personalization features
- Not a universal email marketing tool
Online shops and individual sellers.
Mailchimp Alternative #7: NinjaOutreach
Great features for creating a contact list
This email marketing tool differs from the previous one. Its main aim is not email marketing – its main purpose is doing influencer marketing and launching outreach campaigns (as part of search engine optimization).
Particularly, it helps to build an email list based on domain topics (like a website that writes about food and health or a site about education). It also allows you to search for emails on Instagram, Youtube, TikTok, or Twitter and add them to your contact list.
When you build up a contact list, you create email campaigns and launch them.
Additionally, the company has its NinjaOutreach Chrome Extension to find influencers via your browser and instantly save their contacts.
The company has two pricing options and a 7-day free trial.
- Flex ($119 per month): 1,000 contacts and one user
- Pro ($199 per month): 4,000 contacts and 3 users
- Unique features
- High price
Bloggers, SEO specialists
While this article doesn’t include all email marketing tools, we have captured the best ones with an accent on the diversity of usage. Remember that email marketing is a powerful tool; thus, using it wisely can significantly increase your sales.